“At KONE, we pride ourselves in offering custom-built solutions for unique projects. Besides our KONE India team, the KONE Global team collaborated with us to design and deliver this most challenging and complex project. We are always up for the challenge; be it in size, speed or in complexity, each project needs careful planning and top-notch project management skills. Together with our customers, not only do we innovate and create solutions that users appreciate, but also create an experience that they can’t find anywhere else,” said Amit Gossain, MD, KONE Elevators India.
Designed as a centerpiece of the collaboration-focused design, the elevator provides visitors a glimpse into the expansive world of Jio World Centre, BKC, which is India’s new landmark business and cultural destination, located in the heart of Mumbai. At the expo, visitors experienced a seamless and safe people flow with 188 world-class elevators and escalators installed by KONE at the Jio World Centre. The visitors also witnessed the following tech-led innovations that KONE is spearheading in the mobility industry.
“What’s next? How can we make our elevators and escalators smarter, smoother, safer, and more intuitive? These are the questions we constantly ask ourselves. And it’s this curiosity, that leads us to innovate and offer sustainable products and break-through innovations that go the next level in making buildings safer, smarter, and more intelligent,” said Amit Gossain
- Energy efficient solutions such as the regenerative drive, standby solutions, and the revolutionary KONE UltraRope® high-rise hoisting technology, which can cut the energy consumption of (for example) a 500-meter elevator ride by up to 15%.
- Advanced People Flow solutions for smart building experience: Touchless signalization, Car Operating Panel & Landing call station, QR Code based elevator call features.
- KONE 24/7 Connected Services for intelligent predictive maintenance: connects elevators and escalators to KONE’s cloud and uses artificial intelligence-based analytics to identify any potential issues before they cause problems.
- Elevator integrated service robots for smart facility management: KONE is the first one in the elevator industry to open its digital platform and APIs to the customers. This collaboration creates limitless possibilities such as touchless Elevator Call API, Service Robot API, Equipment Status API, Service Info API etc.
- KONE DX Class Series: the world’s first Digitally Connected Elevators that add smart building solutions and services that make life even easier and more convenient for users.
KONE India serves customers across the country through 50+ branches and provides sustainable People Flow™ solutions for India’s rapidly growing cities. Its production unit in Chennai produces elevators for the Indian market as well as for Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka. It also has three training centers in Chennai, Gurgaon, and Pune. KONE’s global technology and engineering center in Chennai and Pune, is one of the seven global R&D centers that supports the latest technology and development of future KONE solutions.