ALUPLEX’s Unitised Curtain Wall- Revolutionising the Architectural Facade System
ALUPLEX, a specialist in design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of curtain walls and other architectural facade systems, has secured a leadership position by guaranteeing quality products, highly skilled workmanship and uncompromised service.
Established in 1981, the company currently employs over 300 employees, and have completed over 300 projects in 20 cities. Its high distinction is represented by a strong established infrastructure of three manufacturing plants (spanning a total working area of 200,000 sq.ft.) with a total of four unitised conveyor lines (capable of manufacturing over 300 panels per day) and an in-house central design and engineering headquarters in Navi Mumbai. Moreover, with constant research and development, ALUPLEX is continuously improving the quality and performance of its architectural facade systems.
For each project, the company is in close collaboration with the architects from the preliminary design stage - aiming to provide them with eco-friendly, energy saving and economical solutions and thus aiding them in realising their concepts with tailor-made bespoke solutions.
According to Mr. Navin Keshwani, Managing Director, "Our interminable commitment to promote the use of eco-friendly technology in architectural facades has brought about significant energy savings to the environment, as well as a considerable betterment in the life-style of the building inhabitants. We intends to establish a solid and enduring relationship with our suppliers, so as to continually increase the added value of our expertise and work closely with them to develop newer materials and products.
In its endeavour to broaden its worldwide presence, ALUPLEX is redeveloping the design sphere by creating the most innovative curtain wall and facade engineering solutions of the finest quality for its clients, thus bringing their ideas into reality.
ALUPLEX is expert in design, fabrication and installation of Unitized Curtain Wall, Sunergy System, Italtech Windows & Doors, Bolted Glazing and Double Skin Façade Unitised Curtain Wall.
Unitised Curtain WallThe Unitised Curtain Wall system is a Facade System for high-rise buildings. It consists of the fabrication of different components and materials into a whole panel spanning one or more storeys on the shop-floor itself, before it is transported to the construction site for installation/erection. With the integrated advantages of factory assembly, the use of standardized technology along with a highly shortened construction period, it is the façade system of today!
Some of the salient features of this product include:
- The Panels are assembled in the factory in standardized units, with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
- All installation is carried out with Floor Cranes/Monorails & hence NO NEED of SCAFFOLDING.
- It allows for Better and More Effective Control of the Construction Schedule.
- Highly shortened building construction period as Panels can be installed simultaneously with construction of civil work.
- Uses gaskets for sealing between units thus allowing for inter-unit displacement due to thermal expansion as well as sway of the main structure (applicable to high-rise buildings).
- Discards the necessity of on-site application of sealant & thus making installation independent of weather conditions.
- Adopts a Pressure Equalisation Principle along with an innovative floor-wise drainage system thus creating zero water leakage and air penetration.
- Aluplex Unitised systems are custom-designed and have 30+ different systems catering to varying:
- Wind Loads of 1.5kPa to 3.5kPa
- Slab Heights of 3.4 mtrs. to 4.8 mtrs to even double height panels of 6.0 mtrs
- Width from 1.0 mtrs upto 3.6 mtrs
- Deflection criteria of L/175 - L/240
Bolted GlazingThis is a structural glass assembly consisting of a series of specially processed glass panes, bolted together at their corners by means of 'spider fittings' or 'metal patch fittings' along with silicone sealant at the pane-to-pane joints.
The minimization of metal framing members creates an effect of transparency that forms a natural and artistic blend between the indoor space and the outdoor environment.
Bolted Glazing are the latest generation of building facades, with the benefit of blending interiors with exterior environment through transparency of glass.
Point fixed glass facades are commonly found in public buildings like airports, exhibition halls, building podiums and lobbies etc.
Bolted glazing facades are classified according to their support structures which include Metal Structures, Glass Fins, Tension Rods, and Tension Cables.
Fin System Bolted Glazing
- Lateral support is provided by toughened Glass Fin Structures eliminate the need for conventional metal mullions.
- Use of a cantilevered glass fin system that does not span to the floor increases usable floor space.
- Wide array of glass types, configurations and treatments available.
- The glass façade and glass fin is connected using stainless steel spiders.
- The top of the glass panels/fins are supported at the top, in order to withstand the dead-load of the system, either using bolts/welds (if steel) or anchor-fasteners (if concrete).
- Consecutive Glass fins are connected using bolted splice plates.
- This system combines specially processed and toughened glass panes with a countersunk bolt fixing system designed to support the weight of the glass.
- Each pane is anchored separately by means of a weight – bearing bolt that is inserted from the bush through a hole in the glass to the super structure.
- Pane to pane joints are sealed with silicone sealant.
- Sheer glass wall with unbeatable, versatility, individuality and variability.
- Matchless elegance at the entrance with suspended glass with spider fittings and glass fins, to break the restricted inside view of the complex.
MS Truss System
- All the loading on the glass façade is transferred by means of stainless steel 'spider fittings' to a steel structure erected independently behind the façade.
- This offers many design variations, with a wide range of sizes and shapes.
- Made of stainless steel or PU Coated Mild Steel.
Tension Rod SystemThe composite structure is set up with the help of 'tension rods' (stainless steel pipe structural members designed to always be in tension).
- The tension-rod structure withstands the exterior loading on the glass façade.
- The structure can be install vertically and horizontally.
- The maximum unsupported span of a tension rod system is 8-10 mtrs.
- A system of geometric non-linearity is set-up with the use of pre-stressed tensile cables that withstand the exterior loading on the façade system.
- The vertical cable also withstands the dead-load of the system. This system is further subdivided into: